CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

18 month check up & check-in and Wii FFF

Fisher had his 18 month check up today. He has finally (officially written in the doctor's charts) broken the 20 pound mark (20 pounds, 5 ounces to be exact). And as the nurse practitioner put it, he's almost back on the curve! He is 29 and 3/4 inches "tall". At his 15 month check up, the doctor was concerned at his lack of adequate weight gain. Blah blah blah!! They got me all concerned-I watched like a hawk what he would eat (or didn't eat). Dave and I would question whether or not he got enough to eat that day. We would even resort to maybe giving him ice cream a little more than we should have-just to get extra calories in him for the day. When we shared the doctor's concerns with our Parent's as Teachers lady in December, she reassured us that Fisher was fine-just looking at him you could tell that he was healthy and proportioned. She was actually frustrated because she had heard parents making this comment from doctors before. Today's check up went fine-except for the fact that Fisher is going through a HORRIBLE separation/stranger anxiety stage right now. He was pretty much screaming the whole time except before we were called in and when we were in the exam room alone and he got to read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" or play in the mini-sink. He screamed for the weigh-in/height/head circ/temperature check. He screamed when the nurse practitioner checked him over and talked to me about his development. And of course he screamed when it was time for the SHOTS! The best that I can say is that he won't have to go back (knock on wood he stays healthy) until he is 2 years old. {{big sigh}}

And on the topic of the
separation/stranger anxiety stage-YIKES!! If I'm not in the room, he wants me. If Daddy is not in the room, he wants him. When we were at my parents the other night, if "Mawmaw" wasn't in the room, he wanted her-and vice-versa for "Papaw". I've had to leave for school this week with my last vision of Fisher moving towards the door screaming "Mommy!!!" Wow-those were some rough days. I'm sure this is just a phase that will pass-hopefully much sooner than later!

The weight issue-maybe this kid is lucky to have been born with a high metabolism because sometimes I can't believe how much he eats! We went to breakfast/lunch with my parents last Sunday. Papaw ordered vegetable beef soup with his lunch-Fisher ate most all of the veggies and broth. He LOVED it. I ordered the kids spaghetti with green beans for him. He ate a lot of that-along with some of Mawmaw's pancakes. **Funny story about the week before when we met them for breakfast-while no one was really paying attention, Fisher reached over a grabbed a whole pancake off of Mawmaw's plate and started eating it-oh how I wish we had the camera for that one!! Dave made steamed broccoli-Fisher ate his portion AND mine. He loves cheese and strawberries and green beans and apples and the fruit cocktail cups Papaw got for him.

now for the FFF
LAST YEAR:




This picture of Luke and Fisher is one of my absolute favorites of the 2 of them together. The looks on each of their faces is so cute. And it almost seems that this is the time that Luke realized that he could PLAY with Fisher.



THIS YEAR:




Den, Missy and Luke came over last Saturday for a little Wii action. We all bowled, but since I was the photographer, you don't get to see me and my "form" ;). Den and Dave like to get fancy and put "curve" on the ball.




Missy and I throw like girls-straight on with no fancy stuff. But hey-it works-we kept up with the guys just fine!!


Luke even got in on the action.


But he had to take a cupcake break.

I love this face!!


Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather..I check your blog a couple of times a week. Talked to your Mom the other day and she told me about the separation anxiety Fisher is having. He just loves you so much, and that is a GOOD thing! What are some more words that Fisher is saying? He sure is a sweetie!!

Katie said...

E's 18 month check-up was the exact same!!! I was so embarrassed. I wonder if everyone's is like that or just our kids??? lucky us? lucky doctors?

Brenda said...

Heather, I really like the things you added, like the history and quote...Do you know if there is a way to have a single song play per picture that you post? I like the link to The Office NBC page you did. Wish we could get back to the shows...I never hear anything about the strike.

Katy said...

Hi Heather! Maddie wants to be like her cousin Fisher, so she has her own blog now! www.hess-express.blogspot.com I am still trying to figure out how to do it.

I noticed that we definitely have the same taste in TV shows! I love the Amazing Race and Biggest Loser, too. I hope the writer's strike ends soon so we can get The Office back!!!

Katy said...

Yep, that would be great! I am very excited about the Lost premiere this week!!