CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Where does the time go?

I haven't claimed to be a very good blogger, but there is no excuse for such a long time since my last post. It's been over a month, and it seems as if Fisher has changed so much. Anyone who has kids-especially young ones-knows what I mean when I say how amazing it is to watch them grow, change and learn new things almost daily. I guess if I think of this blog as a written, photo, and video diary (that other people have the opportunity to read), maybe I will write more frequently so I won't forget what an amazing time this is in Fisher's life!

Fisher's favorites:
Elmo, animals, Grandma & Grandpa, Lucy, Sesame Street, chicken nuggets, goldfish crackers, graham crackers, Christmas cookies, ornaments, dancing, reading books, bananas, ice chips

words he says:
mommy
dah-dee

mama-> grandma

papa-> grandpa

ah-ma-> animal
ah-mo-> Elmo
ma-mo-> Nemo (notice that animal, Elmo, and Nemo are very similar)
ah-rirah-> gorilla
popo-> hippo
tee-> tree (as in Christmas tree)

moo-> moon (and when you ask him where the moon is, he points to a door or window-he knows it is outside; even when we read books with a picture of a moon, he would point outside; he is just now pointing to the picture when reading books)
no-ma-> snowman
no-> snow
yes/no(of course)
chee-> cheese
choo choo-> train :)
tuk-> truck
cat/kitty
hat

baa-> ball
joooo-> juice
mah-> milk
ala-> koala
boo-> caribou

He knows so many more words than this...he's just not saying them yet. When we look at pictures, he knows family members and gives their pictures kisses. As a matter of fact, he gives everything/everyone kisses! He sometimes kisses his food before he eats it (so CUTE!); he kisses the underwater creatures painted on his walls; he kisses his toys and books. It is so sweet-one of the MANY things I love about this kid!

Animals are a big part of Fisher's life right now. He loves any book with animals and can point to almost any animal you ask him about. He knows and says sounds for: cow, lion, horse, elephant, cat, monkey, sheep, chicken, frog, duck, and pig (I think I got them all :).

And the biggest new development is that the little bugger is FINALLY walking! He has been basically running with his walking toys for a couple of months now, but he finally took real steps (that haven't stopped) on December 5th-two weeks shy of 17 months. Here he is walking to his Aunt Missy-




He is so proud of himself. He holds his little hands in the air for balance; he can turn in any direction he wants to, and if he stumbles he get right back up and keeps walking rather than resorting to the crawl. I'm not saying he ONLY walks now, but it's pretty consistent.

We had our first snow yesterday...and the first that Fisher can go out and enjoy. I searched high and low and finally found his snow suit. Getting him dressed reminded me of the classic scene from one of my favorite holiday movies-"A Christmas Story". You know the scene...the one where the mom is shoving the little brother into his winter gear and at the end he looks like a tick about to pop. That was Fisher.

Once outside, he seemed to like it. We spent a lot of the morning looking out the window talking about the snow, so I'm sure he was pretty excited to get out there and see what it was all about. He even did a pretty good job at walking in that snow suit!

His favorite part was trying to eat the snow.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! SO CUTE!! Memories . . . .

Katie said...

Hurray! I was having fisher withdrawal! I got the shakes and everything! We need to get our boys together again soon!!!