CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Random Thoughts...1

My biggest inspiration to start a blog was reading my friend Katie's blog. She has a series of "Note to Self" posts, so to steal her idea (again!), I thought I would start my own Random Thoughts.

Why is it so hard to clip a toddler's fingernails? I tried tonight because the nails on his left hand were OUT OF CONTROL! Yes...only his left hand because when I clipped his right hand a couple of days ago, he decided he had had enough and wouldn't let me near the left hand. So I tried while he was brushing his teeth (he loves to brush his teeth). I thought he would be distracted enough to get a few clips in, but I *think* I only got 3 of the 5 claws down to a scratch-free length. Oh yeah...when Fisher is frustrated, he likes to "slap" at my face. A habit I am really trying to break him of, but in the meantime those slaps also turn into claw marks. How is it that such little fingernails can seem to cut like tiny daggers? Anyway...he is amazingly strong. He can squirm and yank his hand in such a way that makes it impossible to safely cut his nails. So I end this night defeated by a 17 month old (again :).

1 comments:

Katie said...

I successfully finished E's right hand tonight and both feet! Left hand is my goal tomorrow, 3 out of 4 isn't bad, right?